FTX may sometimes experience errors that cause it to stop working. The crypto exchange app is one of the largest of its kind, so any errors affect millions of users
When bugs occur on the app or website, users tend to get frustrated or worried about accessing their accounts and may be prompted to give up altogether. Here’s how to fix FTX not working errors when they pop up.
How to Fix FTX Not Working Errors
FTX can experience multiple issues that cause it to malfunction. These include Captcha errors and problems with resetting your password and two-factor authentication.
To fix problems with invalid captcha, try the following fixes:
- Ensure your FTX App is updated to App version 4.2.4 CP version 0.0.13 or later (this can be found in Settings). If you aren’t sure, you can uninstall/reinstall to get the latest version.
- Reboot your device
For problems resetting your password, FTX has advised users to follow these steps as well
- On the login page, make sure you are in the correct region (US resident or Non-US resident)
- When you get the password reset link in your email (use your email app, ex. Gmail App, Yahoo App, Outlook App), make sure to tap the green box to be directed to the app; or
- Copy the link manually and open it on your phone’s default browser. Tap the reset link and it should give you the option to open the link either in the browser or in the FTX app. Choose the FTX app and it should work properly.
- Otherwise, try opening it on a different browser other than the default one on your phone (try Google Chrome or Firefox).
- If you are using an iPhone, you might need to set the default browser to Safari on your phone settings.
If you no longer have access to your 2FA codes, you must contact FTX support using your registered email. In the subject line of the email, explain your issue briefly. A member of the FTX support team will assist you as soon as possible.