Is the Shiba Inu community really excited for Shibarium’s launch?

Lavina Daryanani
shiba inu shibarium
Source: Pixabay

Back in March, Shytoshi Kusama, the lead developer of ShibaSwap announced that Unification—a firm working on the L2 platform—had nearly completed the project. Since then, people from the Shiba Inu Army have started claiming that Shibarium could kick-start the vehicle that steers Shiba Inu towards the direction that would lead it to attain $0.01.

Joining the dots

Even though Shibarium has no official release date yet, lead developer Shytoshi Kusama has time and again stated that it will launch soon.

Here, it is interesting to note that the Unification upgrade is set to happen next month. A few from the community have now brought to light that the Unification FUND mainnet upgrade is scheduled to go live on 8 June. Now, per them, the same could potentially be the release date of Shibarium.

Per Unification Foundation’s blog post,

“The process for upgrading mainnet will be the same as testnet, but it will be mandatory for all validators to run the upgrade at the specified upgrade time.”

As such, the process would encompass the creation of a governance proposal highlighting the time and date of the upgrade, voting of the proposal, and the execution of the same.

Per the xFUND team, the project’s testnet is scheduled to launch within the next few months. Post that, a public beta is likely to be set to follow shortly.

Community reactions

People from the space are already excited about the same. In fact, they have started asking questions w.r.t. whether or not Shibarium would be able to unmask the true power of Shiba Inu. While most responses remain to be “bullish,” a couple of people like “Darkvidz” went on to warn others not to raise expectations and give fake hope.

Despite the said cautions, the SHIB Army expects Shiba Inu’s price to hit a new ATH. In a recent Twitter poll, 75% of them were favorable, while the remaining 25% were either skeptical or outrightly unfavorable.

With the community slightly divided at this stage, it’d be interesting to see how things pan out for Shiba Inu going forward. With a market cap of $6.46 billion, SHIB was trading at $0.00001177 at press time.