Disney’s 2022 Accelerator program is announced and the entertainment giant confirmed that this year’s class target areas such as — augmented reality (AR), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and artificial intelligence (AI) characters. Simplistically, Disney gravitated its focus toward the technological development of Web 3.0 companies, further driving the up-and-coming digital evolution.
Disney Accelerator program’s General Manager, Bonnie Rosen highlighted that,
“For nearly a century, Disney has been at the forefront of leveraging technology to build the entertainment experiences of the future. The Disney Accelerator is thrilled to be part of that legacy, and with our newest class of companies, we look forward to furthering our commitment to innovation and continuing to bring magical experiences to Disney audiences and guests for the next 100 years.”
The entertainment giant also unveiled a list of six selected companies for the program. This list included —
- Flickplay is a Web 3.0 social app that enables users to discover NFTs tied to real-world locations that they can experience and share via AR.
- Inworld that allows users to create interactive, AI-driven characters for immersive experiences.
- Lockerverse is a Web 3.0 platform that empowers creators and brands to tell culture-defining stories and deliver unique access and experiences.
- Obsess is an experiential e-commerce platform that enables brands to create immersive 3D virtual stores on their websites and on metaverse platforms.
- Polygon, is the blockchain network that allows developers and enterprises to build Web3 experiences.
- Red 6, is an AR company that has created a patented headset and interface that works outdoors in dynamic, high-performance environments.
Why Web 3.0?
Given the inevitable NFT frenzy and the metaverse mania in the soon-to-commence Web 3.0 era, the internet is standing at the precipice of change followed by the heightened understanding and demand for intellectual property via tokenization. It subsequently facilitates transparency, accessibility, and profitability for an average user. In light of this, the Meta economy may soon drive us into the next stage of digitization.
Three-Tier System Of Futuristic FinTech
Web 3.0 is building on the base of innovative finance to further push the renaissance of financial technology (FinTech) made from the three-tier system — decentralized money (bitcoin), decentralized finance (DeFi), and metaverse finance (MetaFi). This aims to ensure that ownership is attached to a full-blown financial system for users to retrieve monetary benefits of the same.
Virtual Worlds AKA The Metaverse
Metaverse – the digital world of augmented and virtual reality entails manifold business use cases such as the scope for activities like gaming, music, and even mere workplace interactions to become a profit-generating stream.
Tokenized Universe Of NFTs
The metaverse can further be explored better via the tokenized lens of NFTs. These tokenized assets can then be utilized to prove ownership along with providing secondary royalties for digital art in the virtual arena.