Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) is a digital collection of 10,000 unique Bored Ape NFTs available on the Ethereum Blockchain. Each Ape has unique characteristics and features that increase its rarity. The limited number of tokens available also increases the BAYC market value.
BAYC is the latest NFT project to gain momentum in the crypto space. Holders of this token enjoy several benefits, including access to a graffiti wall known as The Bathroom Wall. So, how do you get a hold of this popular NFT? Read on to find out more.
Where to Buy BAYC NFTs
There are various marketplaces online where you can access NFTs and build your collection. One of the biggest marketplaces is OpenSea, and it features a variety of digital collectibles, including BAYC, in its online gallery. This marketplace works like an auction house where you can bid or directly buy items for a set price.
How to Buy BAYC NFTs
BAYC tokens run on the Ethereum blockchain. Therefore you’ll need an Ethereum wallet before you start buying BAYC NFTs on OpenSea. Unlike Bitcoin networks, the Ethereum network deploys smart contracts that store important token data to help complete a transaction.
To complete a BAYC transaction in an online marketplace like OpenSea, you’ll need ETH tokens. This marketplace only accepts ETH tokens since the NFTs run on the Ethereum Blockchain. It’s easy to purchase ETH and send it to your MetaMask wallet if you have a crypto exchange account.
Connecting Your MetaMask Wallet to OpenSea Marketplace
OpenSea supports many digital wallets, but you may need to install MetaMask as a plug-in in your Chrome Browser. To connect your MetaMask wallet to the OpenSea marketplace:
- Navigate to the Chrome Web Store and download the MetaMask Wallet Chrome extension.
- To buy ETH on the MetaMask Wallet, go to Buy > Continue to Wyre.
- Add enough ETH to cover the cost of buying the BAYC NFT and Ethereum gas fee. Ethereum gas fees can be as little as $25 and cost as much as $500.
Buying BAYC NFTs on OpenSea
With enough ETH and Ethereum gas fees in your wallet, you’re now ready to bid or buy BAYC NFTs on OpenSea. To buy BAYC NFTs on OpenSea:
- Go back to OpenSea and browse around by tapping “Explore.” It will take you to a page where you’ll find different collections and images on sale.
- On the left panel of the explore page, head to the “Collections” and select “ Bored Ape Yacht Club” to get access to all the unique NFTs.
- You can also use the filter option to choose the Bored Ape you want to buy.
- Clicking on the Ape that catches your eye, you’ll find that the price is ETH, but a USD cost is also on display. You can click “Buy Now” or “Place Offer” if you’re comfortable with the price.
- You’ll have to sign in to your MetaMask wallet, where a “Complete Checkout” window will appear, displaying the total cost of the BAYC NFT you selected. To proceed, click on the “Terms of Service” box.
- A pop-up window with the ETH gas fee you have to pay with the NFT will appear after clicking the “Checkout” box. If you agree with the Ethereum gas fee, click “Confirm.”
- This will take you to the page “Your Transaction has Started,” and a link requesting you to “View on Etherscan ” will appear. You can view the progress of your BAYC NFT transaction by clicking it.
Finalizing Your Transaction
You shouldn’t worry if the BAYC NFT transaction takes some time to go through. This is usually due to congestion in the Ethereum network, and it may take hours or days for it to go through on the blockchain. However, once it goes through, you can easily navigate to your profile on OpenSea and head to MyCollections to admire your new Bored Ape token.