If you use Cash App actively and like to keep your transactions private, you’ll likely want to learn how to delete your transaction history. Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to be possible, at least straightforward. If you’d like to delete your Cash App History, you’ll have to delete your Cash App account outright.
If you need to delete your Cash App history of transactions, here is a guide on how to delete your Cash App account, which in turn will delete your transaction history.
How to Delete Cash App History
As mentioned previously, to delete your Cash App History, you’ll have to delete your entire Cash App account. It is important to follow the necessary steps to completely delete your account and personal information from Cash App, leaving no strings attached. Not requesting your specific information to wipe it will keep your Cash App history, even on a new account.
If the need to delete your transaction log is crucial, here’s how to delete your Cash App account, step by step:
- Launch the Cash App and go to the home screen.
- Tap on your Cash App profile icon.
- Go into Support.
- Select Account & Settings.
- Tap on Delete Your Personal Information.
- You’ll get related information and recommendations. Scroll to the bottom and hit Contact Support.
- Tap on Chat.
- Tell Cash App support you want to delete your personal information and account.
Upon doing this, your history should be gone, and you can create a new Cash App account with an empty log of transactions.
How to Back Up Your Transaction History
If you want to ensure you have personal records of what you’ve done on Cash App after deleting your account, you can download your info from the Cash App website. Here’s how:
- On a browser, go to Cash.app.
- Click on login and follow the instructions to enter your account.
- You’ll automatically enter the Activity page. Click the Download option to grab your Cash App history.
- You can also go to the Documents tab and get other statements and records.
- Additionally, you can go to Account and select Download your info to get a record of your personal details.